THIS BLOG CURRENTLY IS INACTIVE. THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY . . . . THIS BLOG CURRENTLY IS INACTIVE. THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY . . . . THIS BLOG CURRENTLY IS INACTIVE . . . . THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Question Answered

On July 14, 2009, I wrote:

Rethinking This Blog

Quantum Spirit is changing. I'm not certain exactly how, or what form these changes eventually will take. Ultimately I'd like this blog to be more inspirational and spiritually intriguing for my visitors ~ someplace that prompts you to contemplate, and makes you more appreciative of the complexity and beauty of life.

Please bear with me while I figure this out. In the meantime, my posts will be shorter, with some video placeholders and the like.

"I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think." ~ Rumi

My Decision ~ July 27, 2009

The same day I posted the note about "rethinking," I also posted a video of Coleman Barks reading the poem "Love Dogs" by the 13th century Persian poet Rumi. This was in addition to closing the "rethinking" post with the Rumi quote.

The Rumi video generated ~ for Quantum Spirit anyway ~ quite a few comments. Among them was one from a first-time visitor, a woman poet from Tehran, Iran, who goes by "Human Being" and who wrote of Quantum Spirit:

"and now i see i cannot leave here before becoming a follower... it's like when you are in a bookstore and you open a book by chance and read some lines and then you feel if you leave there without the book, there will be something missing in you life!"

It took a few more days, but I eventually realized Human Being ~ a native of Rumi's own land ~ had given me the answer I sought.

I will continue "Quantum Spirit" in much the same way as before. There will be an assortment of items that fascinate me: Spiritual messages, scientific discoveries, psychological studies, in-depth astrology, astronomy, and the occasional posts related to ancient wisdom from the I Ching, the Tao te Ching, and the Bible, even fables from Aesop. I now believe no large change is necessary, as long as I can capture the sense of awe with the world that surrounds us all.

So, Human Being, I thank you. I'm happy to keep the bookstore open.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad that things won't be significantly changing around here. What I enjoy about my visits to your pages is the variety of subjects covered, many of which I possibly wouldn't come across on my own.

Gregory LeFever said...

Thank you, Angelcel, for your kind comment. It's become clear to me that a portion of my visitors share with me a thirst for the wonderful diversity of our mortal existences.

It all harks back to the paradox where, on one hand, we like to consider ourselves to be unique individuals. But, on the other hand, it's comforting to realize we are all one, capable of sharing so much.

human being said...

oh seems the last time i was here, i put my THANK YOU! on another post...
:)

your light within leads you
and
thanks for sharing what you find with us...

sharing is all...

Gregory LeFever said...

Thank you, Human Being!