THIS BLOG CURRENTLY IS INACTIVE. THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY . . . . THIS BLOG CURRENTLY IS INACTIVE. THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY . . . . THIS BLOG CURRENTLY IS INACTIVE . . . . THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Thinking About Change

Having recently come through a very difficult time physically, mentally and spiritually ~ emerging, I’m happy to say, stronger in all three areas than before ~ I’ve been thinking about “change.” We toss the word around, but seldom deeply explore the implications of this process affecting us every moment of our days and nights.

Something to ponder:
  • I’ve had instances throughout my life where I would meet another person and have an instant aversion. In all of these instances, as far as I can recall, it was not a true dislike, but rather a sense of discomfort. I didn’t at first really want to be around these people. Several of them soon became friends. A few of them became good and true friends who have helped me on the journey.
  • When I first saw this old Victorian house I’m now sitting in, I regarded it as “the vortex to Hell” and told several people so, including my wife, who loved the house. That was in 1999. As fate would have it, we bought this very house in 2005 and have been wonderfully happy with it ever since.
There have been many other cases such as these, where I felt an instant aversion to a person, place or thing. And later that same person, place or thing became a source of good in my life.

I now believe these contrasting judgements are related to change and the fact that, on some unconscious level, we know what our lives hold in store for us. When we first encounter these things, deep down we know they will influence and alter our fate. The Law of Intertia says we will resist such change. And we do, for a while.

Then ~ consistent with our destinies ~ we come to embrace these particular people, places and things, and our lives are better for it. We have changed.

4 comments:

christopher said...

Having been in your house, I found it absolutely delightful, but I must say I can easily imagine you thinking of it as the vortex to Hell. I know what you have done with houses before.

It was wonderful visiting with you, Greg.

Gregory LeFever said...

Likewise, Christopher. You are a tremendously talented poet and a good man.

I encourage other visitors to go to your blog, "View from the Northern Wall" to see how a huge amount of emotion and information can be compressed into a very few well-chosen words. Your writing is elegant.

(The link is available in the "Thought-Provoking Blogs" section of Quantum Spirit.)

Anonymous said...

I can relate with the inertia to change [but its uncanny]; its like conscienously I do wrong eventhough subsciencously I live with best intentions; its the over-thinking that creates my hinderance; in hindsight...a sacrifice of grief is still depending.

Gregory LeFever said...

Greetings, Adam! I was just reading in Louise Hay's "You Can Heal Your Life" how we can set our chart for a certain form of change and then ~ pow ~ the opposite crops up. She says that's normal, and to just keep focused and these interruptions eventually go away. You're probably "over-thinking" because you're human. It happens particularly to bright people.