THIS BLOG CURRENTLY IS INACTIVE. THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY . . . . THIS BLOG CURRENTLY IS INACTIVE. THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY . . . . THIS BLOG CURRENTLY IS INACTIVE . . . . THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fear Versus Attraction


I believe in the so-called Law of Attraction. I’m not a zealot or one of those folks who believe Jewish people “attracted” the Holocaust, or that the path to untold riches is to lie on the couch and concentrate on big bucks.

And I’m not a believer because I’ve seen the movie The Secret and read some of the works of James Allen, Charles Haanel, Wallace Wattles, Robert Collier and other early 20th Century leaders of the “New Thought” movement.

I believe in the Law of Attraction because I’ve seen it work with friends, acquaintances and many people I’ve watched from afar. To me, it’s indisputable: You get what you dwell on. Most rich people I know somehow never doubted they’d be rich, and once they became rich, that’s just the way it was and their thoughts followed accordingly. In other words, the rich get richer.

I’ve known plenty of poor people who lusted after wealth but feared they’d remain poor. They spent more time fearing poverty than believing they were rich. You know how that turned out.

Most happy people I know are, well, happy. To be otherwise doesn't seem to enter their consciousness.

Fear is the greatest threat to what we want. We might want a good, loving relationship. But we fear we’ll never meet the right person, or fear we’ve already let the person slip away. We might want a particular job, and when we’re lucky enough to land an interview, our fear of not impressing the interviewer(s) sends entirely the wrong message.

So, my friends, the challenge is to shed your fears. I can’t tell you how, because everyone is different. But you must shed them and believe that what you want is, in fact, yours. There’s enough to go around, and you’re entitled to your share.

Don't let the Great and Terrible Oz fill you with fear. You must pay attention to the man behind the curtain, at least long enough to see him for what he really is.


No comments: